- In This Section
- Surrogacy Benefits
- Surrogacy Compensation
- Surrogate Screening Process
- Surrogacy Application
Women who choose to become surrogates provide a valuable service for hopeful parents, and we feel strongly that their compensation packages should reflect that. Although our ideal gestational carrier candidates choose surrogacy from a place of compassion and generosity, we understand that the financial compensation is an important part of the process. At Pacific Surrogacy & Egg Donation, our skilled physicians have helped match many gestational carriers with intended parents. The surrogacy compensation packages at our Los Angeles, CA, fertility practice have enabled women to put a down payment on a new house, explore a new business opportunity, start a college fund for their children, and many more exciting events that might not have been possible without their experience with our office. If you have considered becoming a gestational carrier and would like more information about the benefits available, please contact our Los Angeles or Tarzana office to arrange a meeting with a member of our team.
Partnering with Pacific Surrogacy & Egg Donation, Inc. can help you save money, time, and energy. We will work with you every step of the way, alleviating any concerns and answering your questions.
Benefits Included in Surrogacy Compensation Packages
All of our gestational carriers are financially compensated for their time and energy throughout the surrogacy process. The total amount of compensation can depend on your level of experience, with women who have previously been gestational carriers receiving a slightly higher compensation rate.
Additionally, surrogates will typically benefit from:
- Monthly expense allowance: This portion of the compensation package will cover any expenses related to your surrogacy, such as childcare, communication expenses (phone calls or postage), and non-prescription medications.
- Maternity clothing allowance: You will be given sufficient funds to purchase any maternity clothing that you may need without having to incur the cost on your own.
- Embryo transfer fee: This section of the compensation package is meant to reimburse any lost wages, childcare, housekeeping, or any other expenses that occur during the embryo transfer procedure or the following period of rest.
- Invasive procedures compensation: If the intended parents request an invasive procedure, such as amniocentesis or chorionic villus sampling (CVS), or if one is required, you will be compensated for your time.
- Twins or multiples: The amount of your compensation will increase in the case of a multiple pregnancy. Because an in vitro fertilization (IVF) cycle is involved and our physicians will typically transfer more than one embryo to increase the chances of a successful pregnancy, multiples are always a possibility.
- Support groups: Gestational carriers have greatly benefited from attending support groups with other surrogate mothers. it is an important part of the process to be able to form relationships and discuss their experiences with other women in a similar situation. This allowance is provided to cover travel and childcare costs while you are attending support meetings.
- Cesarean section: If a cesarean section is required for the healthy delivery of the baby, you will be compensated for the procedure and the additional recovery time that may be involved.
- Health insurance: You will be reimbursed for all costs relating to your pregnancy, including prescription medications, co-pays, and deductibles.
- Life insurance policy: The intended parents will purchase a one-year term life insurance policy to provide the gestational carrier's family with financial security and peace of mind during the surrogacy process.
Make an Appointment to Learn More
Gestational carriers provide hope for women and couples to realize the dream of parenthood. If you would like to learn more about the surrogacy process and compensation, please contact our office to schedule a consultation with one of our specialists.